TSC Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund recommendations using proprietary tools. Our "safety first" approach aims to reduce risk while achieving total return performance.
The following mid-cap companies have market values between $500 million and $10 billion and receive "buy" ratings from our proprietary quantitative model, which considers more than 60 factors. The stocks are ordered by their potential to appreciate.
Landauer (LDR) offers personnel radiation monitoring to measure the dosage of X-ray, gamma and other radiation to which a person has been exposed.
The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter revenue increased 5% to $25 million as net income and earnings per share fell 16% to $5.4 million and 58 cents, respectively. The operating margin remained steady 42% and the net margin fell to 22%. The company has no debt or interest expenses and a quick ratio of 1.9 indicates ample liquidity.The stock: Landauer has fallen 7% in 2009, underperforming the Dow Jones Industrial Average and the S&P 500. The stock offers a 3.2% dividend yield and trades at an expensive price-to-earnings ratio of 27. New Jersey Resources (NJR) is an energy-services company that provides retail and wholesale energy services to customers in New Jersey and other states from the Gulf Coast to New England. The numbers: Fiscal second-quarter revenue declined 20% to $938 million as net income and earnings per share surged 183% to $36 million and 83 cents, respectively. The operating margin inched past 6% and the net margin climbed to 4%. The debt-to-equity ratio is low at 0.6, but a quick ratio of 0.4 indicates weak liquidity. The stock: New Jersey Resources has fallen 2% in 2009, underperforming the Dow and S&P 500. The stock trades at a price-to-earnings ratio of 14 and offers an attractive 3.2% dividend yield.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV