Tech Rumor of the Day: Motorola Android Headed to Verizon
Those stars seem to be aligning.
Motorola will deliver an Android-powered touchscreen smartphone with a Qwerty keyboard to Verizon (VZ) in the fourth quarter, says a company source close to the plan who requested anonymity.
It hasn't been any secret that Motorola tossed out its Microsoft (MSFT) Windows Mobile plans this year in favor of Google's Android operating system. It was a bold bet on an iffy software, but Cupcake, the new version of the Android system, has been a pleasant surprise.After nearly 24 hours of trials in TheStreet labs with T-Mobile's new Android Cupcake powered MyTouch phone from HTC, it is starting to look like Google's Web-friendly phone software works pretty well.
|Android Cupcake may be Motorola' sweet treat.|
New Google Phone: myTouch 3G Unveiled
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV