Tech Rumor of the Day: Apple, Verizon Team Up on Tablet
Apple (AAPL) will have a tablet computer in time for the holidays, but the company is still mulling how to sell it.
The device, designed as a larger version of the iPod Touch, will have a 9-inch to 10-inch touchscreen and possibly a keyboard, as analysts, industry sources and news reports have outlined.
An initial version of the long-anticipated Apple tablet will be subsidized by Verizon (VZ), but Apple and Verizon "won't be as tightly integrated" as Apple's iPhone exclusivity deal with AT&T (T), says one source familiar with the companies, who asked not to be named.
Apple has been tinkering with the tablet for nearly two years. The popularity of the iPhone and particularly the iPod Touch have convinced the company that people are enamored with the touchscreens and see the swipe-and-poke, Web-friendly interface as more than just a fad.The market, however, may not be as ready as Apple is.
Apple's Tablet Will Be an iFlop
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV