Last year Microsoft launched a $47.5 billion bid for Yahoo! that ultimately collapsed, although there is growing speculation that the firms will now reach some form of search deal.
"The company's long-term prospects remain positive due to management focus on streamlining the business, Yahoo's intrinsic asset value and a potential partnership with Microsoft," wrote Youssef Squali, an analyst at Jefferies & Company, in a note released this week.
AT&T and Yahoo! Need New Mojo
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV