Cloud Computing Still Pie in Sky
"There are some baby steps today, but the big inflection point is further out - three to five years," said Huberty. "The first companies to move to that will be SMBs, for example, I can go and rent capacity from somebody that has massive scale."
Other hurdles in the path of cloud computing include lack of standards for the technology, which has already prompted some bitchy vendor in-fighting and general wariness of new concepts.
Microsoft's recent decision to provide Office as an online service should nonetheless give a boost to the cloud model.
"I think it will set some light on
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV