So Over It: Celebrity Booze
The Drinks Americas line is expanding this year to include Kid Rock's American Badass Beer, which got its start during a two-day concert in Detroit last weekend, and a planned Dr. Dre tequila product. CEO J. Patrick Kenny boils down branding success to two steps: Entrusting the goods to people who know what they're doing (like the Heaven Hill distillery in Kentucky that produces Nelson's product) and finding a product that fits the personality.
"We're not going to do Willie Nelson and fine red wine," Kenny says.
Considering that rapper Lil Jon's California-produced Little Jonathan Vineyard wines haven't been roundly rejected since they went on sale in August, Willie might want to consider a merlot. Like lushes at last call, fans will drink just about anything you put in front of them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV