Invest in India Via ETFs
U.S. investors have several options when it comes to investing in India: mutual funds, ETFs and closed end funds.
India focused funds were hit hard by the global slowdown in 2008, but they have bounced back significantly in 2009--nearly fully recovering from a 53% loss. The Indian stock market has rebounded more than most emerging and developed markets in 2009, and investors both in the country and abroad have been funneling funds into this emerging market.
Matthew's MINDX is managed by Sharat Shroff, who favors stocks with growth prospects that are tied to the rising tide of Indian income. Historically, the companies in the fund have generally been small-cap and mid-cap firms that are undervalued in the current marketplace. As of March 31, the top holding in MINDX' portfolio was Bharti Airtel Ltd. Year to date, MINDX is up 40.14%. MINDX has a 1.29% expense ratio.ETGIX and EMGIX have been focusing on Indian stocks with good earnings visibility and strong corporate governance. As of March 31, financials and industrials were the two largest sectors in the fund, with 23.01% and 19.08% allocations, respectively. Reliance Industries currently tops the list of the Greater India Fund's holdings. Year to date, EMGIX is up 44.87 and ETGIX is up 45.31%. ETGIX has a front load fee of 5.75% and an expense ratio of 2.12%. EMGIX has a 5.00% deferred load fee and a 2.62% expense ratio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV