Today's Lists on Stockpickr
After the market close, Stockpickr updates a series of portfolios called Today's Lists with information from that trading day. It's a useful tool for getting a quick picture of how the market moved that day.
Here's a sampling of what made Today's Lists today, July 14:
52-Week Highs: Noven Pharmaceuticals (NOVN) swung to a 52-week high of $16.49 today on news that it will be bought by Hisamitsu Pharma for $16.50 a share. The stock closed up $3, or 22.3%, for the day at $16.48. Cypress Semiconductor (CY) also hit a year high, of $9.45, before closing up 1.5% for the day at $9.32.52-Week Lows: Stocks hitting 52-week lows today included CardioNet (BEAT), Hansen Medical (HNSN) and Raser Tech (RZ). Biggest % Gainers: Hi-Tech Pharmacal (HITK) gained 28.9% to close at $12.75 on a surge in fourth-quarter profit. American Apparel (APP) was also up big, gaining 18% for the day to close at $3.60. Biggest % Losers: Humana (HUM) and HealthNet (HNT) lost 7.6% and 14.7%, respectively, after the Pentagon announced on Monday that it would not be renewing military health insurance contracts with the companies. Rising on Unusual Volume: Noven's rise today was on a 4,113% increase in volume. Analyst Upgrades: Upgrades today included JPMorgan's upgrade of Prudential (PRU) to overweight from neutral and Jefferies' upgraded of VMware (VMW) to hold from underperform. See all of Today's Lists here, including TheStreet.com TV Videos, TheStreet.com TV Videos and Analyst Downgrades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV