Microsoft Thrusts Its Apps Into the Cloud
First, Google sent shockwaves through the tech sector with its Chrome OS, an operating system that's challenging Microsoft in the low-end PC market. Clearly unwilling to get trapped in a corner, Microsoft launched its counterattack Monday, adding more flesh to the bones of its online services strategy.
The Redmond, Wash.-based firm previewed its Office 2010 software Monday at its Worldwide Partner Conference and also announced plans to provide Office applications for free to Windows Live users.
Designed to deliver Word, PowerPoint and Excel as Web services , this strategy is a clear move onto Google's turf, but also could significantly boost Microsoft's cloud computing efforts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV