(Updated to add portfolio.)
By Roberto Pedone
Not a Stockpickr member? Join the community today -- for free.
According to Jim Cramer, the the oil futures markets are being manipulated. Cramer strongly believes that the futures market isn't the real deal, because if it were, the price of crude oil would have never reached $140. Cramer thinks any opposition to reforming the futures market should be stopped. He is publically supporting Gary Gensler, the new head of the Commodities Futures Trading Commission.Despite that support, Cramer feels that the futures traders are far too powerful and connected in Washington to be stopped. He believes that the futures industry will lobby Congress, ask for support from the academic world and manipulate the mainstream media to back its position that the futures markets are too big to be controlled. Cramer thinks we need a new market leader to complete the trifectra that was oil, tech and banks, now that we might have lost oil due to the manipulators. That new market leader is health care. Cramer is recommending drug stocks such as Gilead (GILD) and Abbott Labs (ABT), both of which he holds in his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS. Recently, Cramer found opportunity in natural gas stocks, including Chesapeake (CHK); stocks that could be the new market leaders, such as Allscripts (MDRX); and gold stocks, including Agnico-Eagle (AEM). Here are some Cramer highlights from over the past week as aggregated from his "Mad Money" TV show, the "Stop Trading!" segment on CNBC and his RealMoney blog posts. (These blog posts might require a RealMoney subscription.)To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV