GM Emerges from Bankruptcy
Updated from Thursday, July 9
General Motors (GMGMQ.) has emerged from bankruptcy protection after signing papers to transfer the bulk of its assets to a new, leaner company majority-owned by the U.S. government, according to reports.
A person who asked to remain anonymous because the action hasn't been officially announced, said Friday the action came at 6:30 a.m. EDT, the Associated Press reports.
The bankruptcy of GM will long be remembered for one thing: speed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV