Charts of the Day: Breakout Stocks
Another great example of a successful breakout happened earlier this year with Siga Technologies (SIGA). Shares of SIGA broke out on strong volume above $4.19 and then ran up to $5.86. The stock then pulled back and broke out again above $6 a share on strong volume. The stock eventually went on to hit almost $9 a share. Again, you can see that a successful breakout leads to higher price. Remember that the trend is always your friend, and there is never a good reason to fight a trend unless you like to potentially lose money.
With that in mind, let's take a look at a few stocks that are either breaking out or that could be setting up to break out and head much higher.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV