TSC Ratings provides exclusive stock, ETF and mutual fund ratings and commentary based on award-winning, proprietary tools. Its "safety first" approach to investing aims to reduce risk while seeking solid outperformance on a total return basis.
Seven of the 10 best-performing closed-end funds in the second quarter targeted the real estate market. After four consecutive months of rising home sales, investors are betting the worst is over.
Pending home sales, a leading economic indicator, rose 0.1% in May from April and 4.6% from a year earlier. Foreclosures drove prices down to dirt-cheap levels in some parts of the country, while low mortgage rates stoked buying. The National Association of Realtors' Housing Affordability Composite Index, which compares the median home price to median incomes, climbed to a record at the beginning of the second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV