Sycamore Networks Exceeds Expectations
(SCMR), the fiber-optics network equipment company that is
The Chelmsford, Mass.-based company also said its revenues rose nearly eightfold.
Sycamore posted net income of $18.3 million, or 7 cents a diluted share, compared with a net loss of $9.1 million, or 6 cents a share, in the fourth quarter of 1999. But excluding the costs of stock compensation, the company earned $20.4 million, or 8 cents a share in the latest quarter.Analysts surveyed by First Call/Thomson Financial had been expecting earnings of 6 cents a share, according to the consensus estimate, although there were "whisper" estimates of 7 cents a share. Revenues soared to $90.4 million in the quarter, from $11.3 million a year earlier. Sycamore reported its financial results after the close of regular stock trading. Its shares ended down 1 7/8, or 1.2%, at 158. Despite exceeding expectations, the stock fell in after-hours trading to 156, according to Instinet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV