Tech Rumor of the Day: Google
This would be the fourth major phone maker win for the Android system. It also would mark yet another loss for Microsoft (MSFT) Windows Mobile software, which is quickly falling out of favor in a booming smartphone market. Motorola (MOT), Samsung, HTC and now possibly Sony Ericsson are each working on Android phones that are expected to be available this year. There was even a rumor this week, which Nokia (NOK) squashed, that speculated about possible Android-based phones in the works at the top phone shop.
Android's invasion of the smartphone planet started last year when Deutsche Telekom's (DT) T-Mobile introduced the HTC G1 phone. The lower cost, open-standard touchscreen device with slide-out keypad is designed to be a mobile Internet device.
Though it was exclusive to T-Moblie, the smallest national telco, and despite having a relatively unproven operating system, 1 million G1 phones were sold within the first six months of its debut.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV