Whether or not the Clean Energy Bill will boost coal, these equities will most definitely be influenced: CONCOL Energy Inc. (CNX), up 39% after witnessing a March low of $22.58 to close at $31.40 on July 2; Peabody Energy (BTU), closing at $29.16 on June 2, up nearly 43% after hitting a low of $20.43 in March; Foundation Coal HLDG (FCL), up 88% to close at $25.52 on June 2, after seeing a $13.56 low in January; Patriot Coal (PCX) rebounding beautifully from a March low of $2.97 to close at $6.29 on July 2; an increase of 112%.
Keep in mind these energy stocks come with risks. To help moderate these risks, a sound exit strategy is of utmost importance.
According to the latest data from www.SmartStops.net, here are the price levels where the uptrend of these stocks would be over: CNX at $30.31; BTU at $28.73; FCL at $23.00; PCX at $5.49. You can track the daily changes and other updated data at www.SmartStops.net.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV