Buffett Gives Gates Foundation $1.25 Billion
Warren Buffett is in a giving mood -- and when Buffett gives, he really gives.
The billionaire investor has donated $1.25 billion in shares of his Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-B) to the charitable organization run by Microsoft (MSFT) founder Bill Gates and his wife, Bloomberg has reported.
Buffett donated 428,688 shares of Berkshire, valued at $2,924 each, at the close of trading on Wednesday, according to a regulatory filing.
This is the latest gift Buffett has made to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. He made a pledge in 2006 to give a hefty chunk of his fortune -- about $30.7 billion on it -- to the organization, which focuses on education and global health.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV