What Went Wrong at Nortel
The demise of Canadian telecom giant Nortel Networks (NT) should serve as a stark warning to other tech firms struggling through the economic downturn.
The troubled equipment maker, which has been in Chapter 11 since earlier this year, announced plans to liquidate last month, signaling the beginning of the end for the 127-year old company.
Nokia Siemens Networks has already agreed to buy part of Nortel's wireless business for $650 million, and the Canadian firm plans to sell off the rest of itself.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV