Every day I rank hundreds of ETFs based on a proprietary model that helps me determine which funds have performed best over a set period of time and which have the best chance to continue their trends.
PowerShares Dynamic Networking (PXQ): PXQ and rival iShares S&P North American Networking (IGN) have gained momentum during the past quarter as shared components like Cisco (CSCO) and F5 Networks (FFIV) advanced. PXQ differs from IGN in portfolio construction. While PXQ is a capitalization-weighted index that favors large-cap names like Motorola (MOT) and Research In Motion (RIMM), PXQ uses "merit criteria," including fundamental growth, stock valuation and investment timeliness and risk factors to weight components.
Market Vectors Coal (KOL): KOL tracks the Stowe Coal Index, which includes a globally diversified pool of coal companies. The companies in the index engage in coal transport, equipment manufacturing and the production of clean coal. To be included in the index, the coal companies must be principally engaged in the coal industry, derive 50% of revenue from the coal industry, have a market cap exceeding $200 million and have a three-month average daily turnover greater than $1 million.Investors could see a "reflation" of commodity prices and a continued increase in momentum from KOL in the upcoming months. The Obama administration earmarked $1 billion for clean coal-maker Futuregen, and despite the recent pullout of two major investors, the project represents a government commitment to clean coal. Ohio uses coal to power 86% of its energy needs, according to a recent New York Times article, and coal is key to many energy intensive industries like steel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV