Why don't you hire away all the CNBC on-air people?
We don't think they're all that good. There are some good ones, but that'll be up to [Fox News boss] Roger Ailes. We create or we discover previously undiscovered talent and make them into stars.
What do you make of the TV Everywhere concept that Time Warner (TWX) Chairman and CEO Jeff Bewkes has been touting lately?
I don't quite understand the concept -- what he means by that. TV is everywhere.It has been written that the departure of [former News Corp. President and COO Peter Chernin] spells trouble for Hulu. Has News Corp. indeed changed its commitment to that property? No, but it's an evolving company and we're very pleased with it. What's your view of Silvio Berlusconi these days? [Berlusconi, the Italian prime minister, has accused Murdoch of using his newspapers to make personal attacks on the prime minister as retribution for a change in Italian tax laws that has cut into profits at Sky Italia. Murdoch has said he has not influenced coverage.] No comment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV