Tech Rumor of the Day: RIM
Research In Motion's (RIMM) trusty old BlackBerry operating system is starting to look dumb in an advancing smartphone developers' race.
With the arrival of the Palm (PALM) Pre and its WebOS system, the continued success of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 3.0 update and the rise of Google's (GOOG) Android, the bar on phone software has been raised.
And RIM, for all its sleek hardware designs and killer email simplicity, is now looking to some like a laggard in mobile computing.
The chorus of criticism is getting louder as people point to the BlackBerry operating system -- the brains of the phone -- as RIM's biggest vulnerability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV