Good News: Pending Homes Sales Up Again
Pending home sales rose for the fourth straight month in May, and investors are taking this as another sign that the housing sector is recovering.
The National Association of Realtors reported that its seasonally adjusted index of pending sales increased by .1% percent to 90.7. Analysts expected no change.
The NAR attributes the increase to lower home prices and the $8,000 first-time homebuyer tax credit that was included in the Obama administration's stimulus package.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV