Shaquille O'Neal may gain another championship ring by joining LeBron James in Cleveland, but leaving Miami has already cost him nearly $3 million.
The Big Diesel's trade to the Cleveland Cavaliers from the Phoenix Suns last week came just as he sold his home on Florida's Star Island Drive -- four years and two teams since he first put it on the market.
Sitting on 2.5 acres along 300 feet of Biscayne Bay waterfront, the 19,400-square-foot home has eight bedrooms, a two-bedroom guest house, a tennis court, an indoor racquetball court, a six-car garage and a pool splashed with the Superman logo. It's just as flashy and formidable as the future Hall of Famer who owned it.
However, its closing price -- despite being the highest in Miami this year -- is as steep a dropoff from its original $32 million price tag as Shaq's acting ability is from his court presence.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV