While investors have already begun guarding their portfolios against inflation, current data has yet to exhibit clear signs of this particular economic worry. The market for inflation-protection investments has run up hard and fast despite little hard data.
Fears caused by inflation or even deflation, however, remind us of why it is increasingly important to have a well diversified portfolio. Chasing inflation fears or any trend is likely to result in losses. A well-diversified, long-term investing approach is the best way to battle economic uncertainty.
While actual inflation is low, it may be the best time to invest a small portion of your portfolio to guard against it for the next few years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV