Biotech Calendar: Key Clinical Trial Dates
I'm back with the third list of clinical trials covering experimental drugs currently undergoing testing in phase II and phase III studies by drug and biotech companies.
These lists also serve as companions to the column I posted on June 3.
Unlike U.S. Food and Drug Administration drug approvals, which are more precisely timed, the release dates for data from clinical trials is a bit fuzzier, so the timelines here are culled from company guidance when possible.I put this calendar together using company reports, sell-side research and the BioMedTracker service from Sagient Research, a subscription-based tool for keeping track of biotech and drug catalysts. Before I get to the part three of the clinical trials calendar, I want to review a few of the clinical trials from the previous installments that have reported results already. On June 24, Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) announced positive results from the second of two phase III studies of JZP-6 in fibromyalgia. Jazz shares, trading at $4.30 at the time of the announcement, rose to an intraday high of $5.27 the following day. The stock was recently trading at $3.79. Celgene (CELG) posted positive results from a phase II study of apremilast in patients with psoriatic arthritis on June 15. As a large-cap biotech, Celgene's stock price is probably not as sensitive to phase II data, although shares have jumped from $42 to $48.33 since the apremilast data were released.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV