Tech Rumor of the Day: Nvidia
Nvidia (NVDA) is once again on the verge of cracking a mobile device market: smartphones.
Mike Rayfield, the general manager of Nvidia's mobile unit says he expects the company's Tegra chip to debut in a phone from one of the top five cell-phone makers as early as the fourth quarter of this year.
Rayfield, in an interview at TheStreet.com, wouldn't name the phone maker that will deliver the first device with an Nvidia chip, but industry experts speculate that Samsung or Motorola (MOT) are probably the most likely. The thinking is that both tech shops have plans to introduce Google (GOOG) Android phones and Nvidia has been working with Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV