(Update: Adds Apple stock movement for the day.)
Apple (AAPL) is boosting its ownership share in U.K.-based Imagination Technologies to 9.5% from 3.6% following a new share placement and recent stock purchases.
According to a regulatory statement available on Friday, Apple is subscribing 2.2 million new Imagination shares at 1.4275 pounds a share. In total, Apple is purchasing 3.14 million pounds ($5.17 million) worth of Imagination shares. Admission and listing of the new shares is expected on July 1. Apple is also reported to have made open market purchases for another 11.52 million shares.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple is a licensee of Imagination, known for making some of the graphics and video guts inside market-leading smartphones like the iPhone.In December, Apple bought 8.2 million shares in the chipmaker. Just last week, Intel (INTC) further dipped its toes into the mobile market waters when it too
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV