(Update: Adds Apple stock movement for the day.)
Apple (AAPL) is boosting its ownership share in U.K.-based Imagination Technologies to 9.5% from 3.6% following a new share placement and recent stock purchases.
According to a regulatory statement available on Friday, Apple is subscribing 2.2 million new Imagination shares at 1.4275 pounds a share. In total, Apple is purchasing 3.14 million pounds ($5.17 million) worth of Imagination shares. Admission and listing of the new shares is expected on July 1. Apple is also reported to have made open market purchases for another 11.52 million shares.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based Apple is a licensee of Imagination, known for making some of the graphics and video guts inside market-leading smartphones like the iPhone.In December, Apple bought 8.2 million shares in the chipmaker. Just last week, Intel (INTC) further dipped its toes into the mobile market waters when it too upped its stake in Imagination, to 16%. Imagination's stock price has risen more than 100% on the London Stock Exchange since the beginning of the year. Shares in Apple were trading hands at $141.86 in Friday morning trading, up $1.82, or 1.3%, from Thursday's close.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV