Tech Rumor of the Day: Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIMM) will be short one BlackBerry in its holiday bushel.
The new version of Verizon's (VZ) popular BlackBerry Curve -- code named Aries and otherwise known as the 8530 -- won't be available this year. The Aries was expected to arrive in September or October, and has been delayed until February, according to a confirmation received by a Wall Street analyst.
For those keeping track of the smartphones coming to market this year, this will go down as the second product delay for RIM. Earlier this month, Verizon and RIM said the new BlackBerry Tour would be available in July, a month later than originally planned.
But the Aries no-show this year is certainly a bigger slip.The phone, updated with a sleeker design and an optical track ball, would be a sweet piece of phone candy to refresh the stale Curve, which is more than a year old. It would also give RIM and Verizon an additional hot phone at a time when new Apple (AAPL) iPhones, the Palm (PALM) Pre, Motorola's (MOT) Google (GOOG) Android, and Nokia (NOK) touchscreen smartphones crowd the market for the holidays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV