Baseball Luxury Boxes: A Buyer's Market
"It's increased our exposure to a new audience that has never experienced premium seating," says Antonio Morici, the Dodgers' senior manager for premium sales and services.
Even teams with newer stadiums are getting more from less. In Seattle, the Mariners ripped out eight of their 68 boxes in 10-year-old Safeco Field in 2006 to make way for the 140-person All-Star Club. While the club's entry cost is lower, fans get free parking and food.
In Philadelphia, where fan dissatisfaction has made booing Santa Clause a cliché, the $4,000- to $20,000-per-season Diamond and Hall of Fame clubs have been full since Citizens Bank Park opened five years ago. Even before last year's World Series win, almost 90% of premium ticketholders returned each year -- and it's not the cheesesteaks that keep them coming back.
According to Derek Schuster, the Phillies' director of season ticket sales, each premium customer has his own account representative, meets a different player each month and gets a monthly events calendar. VIP fans are invited to a free wine tasting in July."Whether we win the World Series, make the playoffs or aren't fortunate enough to be in the playoffs, we try to remain consistent," he says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV