Baseball Luxury Boxes: A Buyer's Market
Despite having long waiting lists, the Cubs and Red Sox have been remarkably flexible in filling their coffers and historic confines. Wrigley has made its suites, which run $2,500 to $12,000 a game, modular to accommodate single groups as big as 55 people or multiple groups as small as 15. For aspiring high rollers, the park offers a centerfield observation room and bar that fits and feeds 75 to 100 people for $165 to $270 each.
The Red Sox, meanwhile, managed to sell out more than 500 straight home games by auctioning off $7,000 suites for $5,500 and offering single-game "Itinerary packages" that include limousine rides, hotel accommodations and more time on the field than Julio Lugo.
A $32,000 package gets you and 27 friends private seats atop the park's Green Monster in leftfield, free jerseys and a feast of lobster rolls, filet mignon and all the booze you desire. For a third of the cost, the team will allow you and 19 buddies to shag fly balls during batting practice.
Despite its celebrity clientele and first-place ranking, the Los Angeles Dodgers had to divide $200,000 season tickets for the four seats behind home plate into 10-game packages. Sideline tickets that run $80,000 a season are available in four-game chunks. Those plans might not get you full-season perks like free playoff tickets, face time with Joe Torre or a chance to pitch in the bullpen, but you get the same food and spot on the field before games.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV