Navios stock was trading Tuesday afternoon at $4.05, up 40 cents, or 11%, on heavy volume.
The Marine Money event officially kicks of Tuesday with all the typical conference fare: panel discussions, break-out groups, ballroom luncheon keynote addresses, cocktail hours, awards ceremonies, HELLO I AM stickers and continental breakfasts.
Panel discussions include all the capital-markets topics: mergers and acquisitions, private-equity investment, public stock offerings and public debt.
One session called "Commercial Bank Summit" seems the most apropos for the current times. According to the Marine Money schedule of events, the panel promises to deal with such topics as "Coping with falling asset prices" and to address the question, "Have we really survived the worst?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV