Navios stock was trading Tuesday afternoon at $4.05, up 40 cents, or 11%, on heavy volume.
The Marine Money event officially kicks of Tuesday with all the typical conference fare: panel discussions, break-out groups, ballroom luncheon keynote addresses, cocktail hours, awards ceremonies, HELLO I AM stickers and continental breakfasts.
Panel discussions include all the capital-markets topics: mergers and acquisitions, private-equity investment, public stock offerings and public debt.
One session called "Commercial Bank Summit" seems the most apropos for the current times. According to the Marine Money schedule of events, the panel promises to deal with such topics as "Coping with falling asset prices" and to address the question, "Have we really survived the worst?"
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV