The markets are getting hit very hard and traders may want to prepare for further weakness. Let's take a look at what is working and what is not.
Treasuries (TLT): As equities get hit hard, the bond play is looking good again. I talked about this on Friday. Move up your trailing stop as this ETF rallies.
Medarex (MEDX): This biotech play rising on positive prostate cancer news.Upgrades: Ameristar Casino (ASCA) and Waters (WAT) are rallying on analyst moves. Well-Known Names Bucking the Downtrend: Coach (COH), Visa (V) and KB Home (KBH).
Bearish:High-Beta Plays: Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) and First Solar (FSLR) trading sharply lower. China Tech/Internet: Baidu (BIDU), Shanda Interactive (SNDA) and Netease.com (NTES) are all getting hit hard. Financials: Goldman Sachs (GS) and JPMorgan Chase (JPM) leading financial gauges trading lower. Transports: We're examining railroad, airlines, truckers and package-delivery plays all weak. Watching Union Pacific (UNP), FedEx (FDX) and C.H. Robinson (CHRW). Internet Giants: Google (GOOG), Priceline (PCLN) and Amazon (AMZN) all trading 4% to 6% lower. Commodity Stocks: U.S. Steel (X), Freeport McMoran (FCX) and CF Industries (CF) are all getting crushed. Oil (USO) and Gold (GLD) are also very weak in afternoon trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV