The Best Father's Day Gift of All
Being a caregiver is a role that will fall to more and more baby boomers, a generation that is benefiting from having its parents around longer because of advances in health care. So as we celebrate Father's Day it seems like an appropriate time to discuss some of the important issues that caregiving children need to keep in mind.
A new survey by the Treasury Department finds that one in four Americans define themselves as caregivers, with nearly eight in 10 providing two or more hours a week of help to a parent, friend or loved one.
In addition to providing care, many of those family members also are handling their relatives' finances. That task includes everything from going to the bank to make deposits, to paying bills and managing investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV