Ahead Of The Bell: The9 Downgraded At Oppenheimer
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ The9 Ltd. was downgraded Thursday by an Oppenheimer analyst, who predicted several quarters of operating losses after the company lost its license to operate "World of Warcraft," the popular online video game.
Oppenheimer analyst Paul Keung cut shares to "Perform" from "Outperform" and removed his $12 price target.
Without another blockbuster game, head count reduction or a sale of assets, Keung said the Shanghai-based company could lose 92 cents per share over the next three quarters combined, leading to a net loss for the fiscal year of 59 cents per share.
On average, analysts polled by Thomson Reuters project a profit of 79 cents per share.Keung said The9 is also "limited as to what it can offer a potential acquirer," reducing the chance of a buyout.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV