On Tuesday's "Mad Money" show, Jim Cramer called a bottom in housing and recommended owning banks such as Wells Fargo (WFC), JPMorgan (JPM) and Bank of America (BAC). He owns all three of those companies for his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust.
On Wednesday, Wells Fargo slid $1.31, or 5.4%, to close at $23.09; JPMorgan lost 77 cents, or 2.3%, to $32.73; and Bank of America closed down 43 cents, or 3.4%, at $12.30.Cramer said that Sepracor's (SEPR) fundamentals are shaky and disagreed with colleague Rick Bensignor, who thought that the stock was heading higher. On Wednesday, Sepracor added 56 cents, or 3.6%, to close at $16.25. Cramer said he is not a fan of either Wal-Mart (WMT) or Target (TGT). Goldman Sachs recently downgraded the former and awarded the latter a buy rating. Cramer prefers Target but thinks that rising gas prices make both stocks too much of a risk. On Wednesday, Wal-Mart closed up 31 cents, or 0.6%, at $48.56, while Target added 43 cents, or 1.1%, to $39.05. Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) is more of a play on copper than a play on gold, said Cramer, and he prefers the SPDR Gold (GLD) ETF to play gold. On Wednesday, Freeport lost $1.91, or 3.7%, to close at $50.48, while SPDR Gold added 42 cents, or 0.5%, to $92.35.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV