Among the 24 recently added ETFs, seven are currency funds, one of which -- the Market Vectors Double Long Euro ETN (URR) -- is leveraged. Another six buy commodities, including the leveraged PowerShares DB Commodity Double Long (DEE). Seven more invest internationally, including five "global" ETFs that hold securities from the U.S. and abroad.
Despite the diversity of the newly rated offerings, only two have gained in value during the first five months of this year and in the previous 12 months. The WisdomTree Dreyfus Chinese Yuan Fund (CYB) rode the export giant's strengthening currency to increase about 3% during both periods. The WisdomTree U.S. Short-Term Government Income Fund (USY), which invests in bonds with short durations, rose 1.7% through May and 0.7% in the previous 12 months. The S&P 500 Index climbed 3.2% through May and lost 33% in the previous year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV