White Electronic Designs Won't Sell Business
PHOENIX (AP) ¿ White Electronic Designs Corp., which makes technology components for the military, said Wednesday that it will not sell the business after conducting a review of its alternatives.
The company said it did receive some formal offers and several indications of interest, but decided the proposals were not in the best interest of the business or its shareholders.
White Electronic, whose board formed a special committee in August 2008 in order to evaluate all possible strategic options, will continue to run as a stand-alone business.
In addition, founder and Chairman Edward A. White has decided to retire and will be succeeded by Brian R. Kahn. White took over as chairman in August 2008, when Hamid R. Shokrgozar resigned.Shares of White Electronic Designs fell 69 cents, or 14.6 percent, to $4.05 in morning trading. The stock has traded in a 52-week range of $3 to $5.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV