Danvers Bancorp To Buy Beverly National For $62M
DANVERS, Mass. (AP) ¿ Two banks on the North Shore of Boston are combining.
The parent company of Danversbank has agreed to acquire Beverly National Corp. for about $62 million, or $23.04 per share, in an all-stock transaction.
Danvers Bancorp Inc. CEO Kevin Bottomley said Wednesday the deal will boost earning prospects and make the company the sixth-largest publicly traded bank based in Massachusetts, with assets worth $2.2 billion and deposits of $1.6 billion.
The two banks combined have 25 branch offices.Bottomley would continue as chief executive after the acquisition. Beverly CEO Donat Fournier would become an executive vice president. The deal is expected to close in the fourth quarter and requires shareholder approval.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV