Top Takes From RealMoney
2. Let's Interpret Things Negatively
By Jim Cramer
10:00 a.m. EDT
A Michigan consumer number comes out. It is exactly what we should expect, and immediately the futures get hit, then the media says the number was not what we were looking for, and then regular selling begins. I have a piece coming up momentarily that says I want to take the other side of the trade. Maybe take in some Amazon (AMZN) or Apple (AAPL) as it gets closer to $135, although I have said it could trade as low as $130, I don't want to be too greedy...
3. Corporate Bonds Still Firm
By Tom Graff
10:09 a.m. EDT Stocks are lower, but once again the corporate bond market doesn't really care. Offers remain hard to come by, and investors who want to buy must pay a price high enough to convince sellers to sell. I went in for some five-year Verizon (VZ) bonds yesterday, $1 billion issue, and couldn't get a live offering at all. Among credit ETFs, investment-grade iShares Investment-Grade Corporate Bond ETF (LQD) is in line with the Treasury market (i.e., no tighter) while the high-yield funds, iShares iBoxx High-Yield Corporate Bond (HYG) and SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield (JNK), are slightly lower. HYG shows green on the day, but it mysteriously dropped 25 cents in the last 15 seconds of trading yesterday. So ignoring that oddball trade, both are unchanged to slightly lower. Still like high-yield for a trade, and LQD isn't a bad way to get access to the corporate bond market, especially given how hard it is to get offerings. Long LQD, HYG, JNK.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV