Duckwall-ALCO 1st-quarter Loss Narrows
ABILENE, Kan. (AP) ¿ Discount-store operator Duckwall-ALCO Stores Inc. said Thursday its fiscal first-quarter loss narrowed, helped by cost cutting and better sales.
Loss for the first-quarter totaled $50,000, or a penny per share, compared with a loss of $5.9 million, or $1.54 per share last year. Results include an $800,000 charge from a turnaround program.
Revenue rose 9 percent to $115.5 million from $105.7 million last year.
The company is in the midst of a turnaround program, including revamping merchandise, cutting costs and making technology investments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV