Bare Escentuals Draws Bullish Bet
OptionMonster co-founder Pete Najarian provides options picks Monday, Wednesday and Friday in TheStreet.com's Deep in the Money Calls newsletter.
David Russell, reporter for OptionMonster.
Bare Escentuals (BARE) has flattened after rocketing higher in March and April, but today one investor positioned for another move higher in the cosmetics company.
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected the purchase of 2,500 September 10 calls for $1.30, matched against the simultaneous sale of an equal number of June 7.50 calls for $1.75. Volume exceeded open interesting the September calls and was below open interest in the June calls, which suggests that the trader rolled an existing long position into the future.The strategy lets the investor recover $0.45 of premium while extending a bullish position in the cosmetics company. Bare Escentuals is down some 2.6% to $8.95 in midday trading. The stock needs to climb another 12% by September expiration for calls purchased today to be worth anything. Bare Escentuals' earnings and revenue beat analyst forecasts the last time the company reported results on April 29.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV