Bare Escentuals Draws Bullish Bet
OptionMonster co-founder Pete Najarian provides options picks Monday, Wednesday and Friday in TheStreet.com's Deep in the Money Calls newsletter.
David Russell, reporter for OptionMonster.
Bare Escentuals (BARE) has flattened after rocketing higher in March and April, but today one investor positioned for another move higher in the cosmetics company.
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected the purchase of 2,500 September 10 calls for $1.30, matched against the simultaneous sale of an equal number of June 7.50 calls for $1.75. Volume exceeded open interesting the September calls and was below open interest in the June calls, which suggests that the trader rolled an existing long position into the future.The strategy lets the investor recover $0.45 of premium while extending a bullish position in the cosmetics company. Bare Escentuals is down some 2.6% to $8.95 in midday trading. The stock needs to climb another 12% by September expiration for calls purchased today to be worth anything. Bare Escentuals' earnings and revenue beat analyst forecasts the last time the company reported results on April 29.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV