Ahead Of The Bell: Engineering And Construction
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ An analyst raised her share price targets for six engineering and construction companies Thursday, predicting benefits from higher oil and natural gas prices.
Analyst Tahira Afzal of KeyBanc Capital Markets wrote in a note to investors that key assumptions are that oil prices hold at more than $60 a barrel into next year "with an outlook of sustainability beyond the 2010 time frame."
She added that industrial demand in the United States "remains tepid but does not materially weaken further," and predicted federal stimulus spending will prompt more construction spending by federal agencies, offsetting a decline in state transportation spending.
Rising oil and natural gas prices benefit engineering and construction companies that build refineries, pipelines and other key accessories for energy projects.Afzal raised her price targets for Baker Michael Corp., McDermott International Inc., Matrix Service Co., MYR Group Inc., Quanta Services Inc. and Team Inc. Her new price targets assume that regulators will continue to push for renewable energy as one of several power sources available to residences and businesses, she said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV