Ahead Of The Bell: Engineering And Construction
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) ¿ An analyst raised her share price targets for six engineering and construction companies Thursday, predicting benefits from higher oil and natural gas prices.
Analyst Tahira Afzal of KeyBanc Capital Markets wrote in a note to investors that key assumptions are that oil prices hold at more than $60 a barrel into next year "with an outlook of sustainability beyond the 2010 time frame."
She added that industrial demand in the United States "remains tepid but does not materially weaken further," and predicted federal stimulus spending will prompt more construction spending by federal agencies, offsetting a decline in state transportation spending.
Rising oil and natural gas prices benefit engineering and construction companies that build refineries, pipelines and other key accessories for energy projects.Afzal raised her price targets for Baker Michael Corp., McDermott International Inc., Matrix Service Co., MYR Group Inc., Quanta Services Inc. and Team Inc. Her new price targets assume that regulators will continue to push for renewable energy as one of several power sources available to residences and businesses, she said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV