Chindex Posts 4Q Profit On Medical-product Sales
BETHESDA, Md. (AP) ¿ Chindex International Inc., which sells medical products in China, said Thursday it turned a profit in the fiscal fourth quarter as hospital revenues and sales of medical devices climbed.
Chindex said it earned $3.4 million, or 22 cents per share, in the three months ending March 31. The company had lost $2.7 million, or 20 cents per share, last year. Revenue jumped 72 percent, to $59.7 million from $34.6 million as product sales more than doubled.
The Bethesda, Md., company said medical-products revenue rose to $39.5 million from $17.5 million due to gains from government-backed loan programs, increased inpatient and outpatient revenues from its hospital unit, and greater sales of devices like the da Vinci robotic-surgery system.
Healthcare-services revenue edged up to $20.2 million from $17.5 million.For the fiscal year, Chindex's profit grew 36 percent, to $5 million, or 31 cents per share, from $3.7 million, or 27 cents per share. Sales grew 32 percent, to $171.4 million from $130 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV