New York Times Hires Goldman to Sell Boston Globe
According to a Boston Globe report, struggling newspaper giant New York Times (NYT) is planning to sell the Boston Globe with Goldman Sachs (GS) pegged as the manager of the sale. The Globe cited two potential unnamed buyers for the report. It said that the New York Times will begin accepting bids within a few weeks.
Shares of New York Times are off 52-week highs of $17 a share. The stock has technical support in the $4 to $5 price area. If the shares can firm up, we see overhead resistance around the $9 price level. We do not currently rate this former dividend-paying stock, but we watch the shares of the newspaper giant very closely.
CB Richard Ellis Provides Second-Quarter Guidance; Shares Rise on Hedge Fund InvestmentCommercial real estate giant CB Richard Ellis (CBG) issued second-quarter profit guidance Wednesday for the first time in several quarters, and also announced that it sold 13.4 million shares to hedge fund Paulson Capital (PLCC) (PLCC). The Los Angeles-based company said it expects second-quarter adjusted net income to range between flat and 7 cents per share. On average, Wall Street analysts expect a profit of 7 cents per share. CB had previously declined to offer guidance for several quarters in a row, due to uncertain market conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV