IndexIQ has impeccable (market) timing: The company is starting to sell its second exchange traded fund that holds other ETFs.
The IQ Hedge Macro Strategy Tracker ETF (MCRO) is aimed at replicating and providing hedge fund strategies in an exchange traded product. The IQ Hedge Macro Strategy Tracker ETF will target global macro strategies and emerging markets.
IndexIQ envisions the IQ Hedge Macro Strategy Tracker for use in conjunction with standard emerging market exposure. IndexIQ compares the ETF to the iShares Emerging Market Index Fund (EEM) in its documents.
Holdings, as of April 30, were the iShares Emerging Market Index Fund, at 27% of assets; iShares Barclays 1- to 3-Year Treasury Bond Fund (SHY), 18%; iBoxx Investment Grade Corporate Bond (LQD), 14%. The remainder of the holdings is much smaller. Regarding asset allocation, the fund includes 33% in international equities, 29% in short-term bonds, 14% in corporate bonds, small exposures to international bonds and a 3.7% weighting to the ProShares UltraShort Real Estate (SRS).The chart, below, captures the back test of the fund. The best-performing asset is the index that underlies the iShares Emerging Market Index Fund and the orange line is the back-tested result of the IQ Hedge Macro Strategy Tracker.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV