On Monday's "Mad Money" show, Jim Cramer made the case that "this is not a bear market rally." As evidence, he said the Nasdaq was up 17% from its lows.
Apple (AAPL) was up 69% year-to-date, he said, even before it announced its new iPhone on Monday.
On Tuesday, Apple closed down $1.13 to $142.72.
Google (GOOG) was up 43% for the year, he said, benefiting from an increase in advertising market share.On Tuesday, Google lost $3.15 to close at $435.62. Action Alerts PLUS name Cisco (CSCO) was up 28% for the year. On Tuesday, Cisco added 21 cents, or 1.1%, to close at $20.08. For a speculative tech play, Cramer offered up ADC Telecomm (ADCT), which makes network infrastructure equipment. Cramer likes the stock as a play on increased demand in the U.S. and strength from China. On Tuesday, ADC closed up 55 cents, or 7%, at $8.39. Regions Financial (RF) CEO C. Dowd Ritter earned a spot on Cramer's Wall of Shame list of the worst CEOs due to the stock's 89% fall since Ritter became CEO. On Tuesday, Regions lost a penny to close at $4.06. In his "Lightning Round" segment, Cramer said that Nordic American Tanker (NAT) is his "favorite way to play the oil-tanker market." On Tuesday, NAT gained $1.01, or 3.1%, to $33.62. He also said he "should be recommending" Otter Tail (OTTR) because it's a "great wind play." On Tuesday, Otter Tail closed up 6 cents at $20.22.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV