Earnings Roundup: Navistar, Talbots
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, June 9, from AP Financial News:
WARRENVILLE, Ill. (AP) ¿ Truck maker Navistar International Corp. said its fiscal 2009 second-quarter profit tumbled 94 percent as market conditions weakened to levels not seen in nearly half a century.
HINGHAM, Mass. (AP) ¿ Talbots Inc. recorded a fiscal first-quarter loss amid increased charges, and said it will institute new job cuts of 20 percent as it looks to lower costs and streamline operations.
MARTINSVILLE, Va. (AP) ¿ Hooker Furniture Corp. moved to a first-quarter loss, hurt by an impairment charge and declining sales.PARAMUS, N.J. (AP) ¿ Movado Group Inc. said it lost $9 million in its fiscal first quarter as sales fell by a third because consumers spent less amid the recession. FARGO, N.D. (AP) ¿ Titan Machinery Inc., which runs construction and agriculture-equipment stores, said its first-quarter profit fell 47 percent as rising expenses offset higher revenue.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV