The most important story in the world today, or close to it, is Apple (APPL).
I know this, and you know this. Or you should. If you don't, what on earth have you been doing? Here's what I found in under 10 minutes of visiting various sites on the Internet.
At The Wall Street Journal's online home, the top item just below the navigation links was the Breaking News bar. In it was, "Live Blog: Apple unveils new OS software for iPhone at conference. See continuing coverage." That's important placement.
The New York Times Web site had, "Apple Introduces iPhone 3GS, a Faster Phone," right beside "N. Korea Sentences 2 U.S. Journalists to 12 Years of Labor" and under "Europe Vote Deepens Gloom for Brown" about the troubles facing the U.K.'s prime minister. Pretty important placement here.On Bloomberg.com, if you believe the order of things, the story was judged not as crucial as the stock market or an item about GM (GMGMQ) credit-default swaps, but it did surpass the likes of Ford (F) saying GMAC now has a lending advantage, an item on natural gas prices and an article on a union at Air France wanting pilots to stop flying two Airbus jets until they get some upgrades. Above the lead story on MarketWatch was, "Bulletin: Apple says new iPhone 3GS is twice as fast as current model." If you've watched CNBC, you would be pretty certain nothing else was going on at all. Anywhere. Out of curiosity I went to Google and searched for "web sites about Apple." I got back Results 1-10 of about 113,000,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV