Palomar Says FDA Approved At-home Wrinkle Laser
BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) ¿ Palomar Medical Technologies Inc. said Friday it has received approval to market a home-use laser device to treat wrinkles around the eyes.
Palomar said it received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to market the laser device over-the-counter and directly to consumers. The company currently markets light-based cosmetic treatment systems, including a lipolysis product. Palomar said the market for a laser that can treat wrinkles in the home, rather than in a doctor's office, could be in the billions of dollars.
In morning trading, the company's stock rocketed $4.89, or 44.6 percent, to $15.85, and hit an annual high of $16.38.
The device was developed with Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV