Top Ships Posts 1Q Profit On Lower Costs
NEW YORK (AP) ¿ Greek shipping company Top Ships Inc. on Friday posted a first-quarter profit despite plunging revenue, mostly due to lower interest and finance costs.
The company earned $1.4 million, or 5 cents per share, compared with a loss of $18.8 million, or 93 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue sank to $29.8 million from $72.6 million a year earlier.
The company's interest and finance costs fell to $2.3 million from $8 million a year earlier.It said it is continuing to try and get out of certain vessel contracts to cut its leasing costs. Top Ships is also currently trying to get waivers to extend the terms of some of its debt. The stock fell 48 cents, or 15 percent, to $2.62 in morning trading.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV